Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We're looking for salespeople to manage accounts and skyrocket customer growth. If you're a self-starter with a consultative approach to selling — with experience, pitching sales to any audience, and cultivating great client relationships — this job's for you!
The Senior Director of EMEA Sales is responsible for leading a team of Sales and Business Development managers to generate pipeline and close deals to meet the financial objectives of the team. In this role, you will meet and exceed business quotas while helping to integrate and build our sales model. You will be a coach and a mentor, set the tone, and strive for results. You will cultivate a team culture aligned to SurveyMonkey’s core values with focus on performance and professionalism.
- Build a new high-performing Sales organization to drive our brand and business in EMEA. This includes Sales and Business Development across all segments of business in EMEA. This is a new team that will need to be hired.
- Provide leadership and management for the Sales team, including coaching & development, to drive quota attainment.
- Build a high-performing, accountable culture that supports our values.
- Manage the business consistently and accurately, including business strategy and planning, evaluation of key performance metrics, accurate summaries and analysis of activity, results and forecasts.
- Develop repeatable and scalable processes to ensure success
- Collaborate with the Sales leaders, Product, Marketing and Ops to understand and implement initiatives with the team to improve effectiveness and productivity
- Provide strategic guidance, insight and knowledge about market trends, customer attitudes, and effectiveness of sales strategies
- Adjust sales strategies and programs to achieve account and revenue goals. Ensure that tactical plans are executed with rigor and precision to drive growth.
- Foster continuous improvement; ensure that all sales activities (sales calls, pipeline development, account planning, customer account reviews, etc.) are efficient, effective and scalable
- Develop and maintain a regular communication cadence with all levels of the organization, particularly HQ in San Mateo
- Provide clear and regular communication to sales teams relative to company direction, performance and achievements
- Ensure world class customer satisfaction and retention
- 10+ years of sales experience, ideally in B2B SAAS environment
- Strong track record of successfully generating pipeline and closing deals
- 10+ years of people management, ideally in a B2B SAAS environment
- Strong record of team leadership and development
- BA/BS degree required. MBA preferred
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team in a fast pace, rapid change environment
- Superior professional presence and business acumen
- Strong leadership skills ability and desire to set the tone and culture of our growing sales team, with strong communication skills
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, Pension contribution and equity comp.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.