Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Our name: SurveyMonkey. It’s memorable. It’s recognized. It’s the world’s leading survey platform. Our brand is 20 million people strong thanks to savvy marketers who know how to connect with all kinds of audiences. From online and product marketers to communications champions, our marketing team mavens our customers to build brand awareness, launch new products, and keep the business humming. Jazzed? We are too — drop us a line and pitch us your personal value prop!
SurveyMonkey is seeking a highly motivated and data-driven ad operations manager for our paid marketing efforts across SurveyMonkey’s product portfolio. In this role, you’ll be expected to implement, execute, and measure audience strategies and targeting as it pertains to SurveyMonkey’s ad tech stack. This is an exciting opportunity to implement new ad tech infrastructure from the ground up!
Audience analytics are key to realizing the value of our large scale customer data to inform our cross-channel strategy and media targeting, as well as inbound channel personalization. This individual will play a key role in the development, implementation, and optimization of various online marketing initiatives including SEM, display, mobile, and paid social media marketing programs.
The ideal candidate has extensive online trafficking experience with ad servers, familiarity with DMP tools like Salesforce Krux, and direct experience managing site tagging and ad analytics. This will include working closely with advertising vendors, agency partners, and cross-functional teams to coordinate marketing messages, amplify product efforts, and align strategy with business objectives.
- Onboard and manage key systems such as Data Management Platform (DMP), tag manager, multi-channel attribution platform, and ad/web tracking systems.
- Work with data engineering to architect and onboard our DMP.
- Leverage DMPs to analyze, build and syndicate audience segments based on marketing touchpoints (e.g.: email, website visits) and product usage.
- Support launching and managing campaigns, including ad trafficking, pacing, managing inventory, and suggesting optimizations and/or reallocations.
- Work with our growth marketing and cross-functional partners to understand each of our business’ campaign goals (e.g. performance, budget, etc.)
- Support media campaign execution, by partnering with agency teams for syndication of segments and coordination across other channel execution
- Review performance results (ROI, rate of spend, etc.) across campaigns and take action to improve the results and achieve our business’ goals
- Collaborate with growth marketing manager to communicate the key insights from the performance of active campaigns to the relevant internal teams: marketing, product, finance, and others
- Develop presentations around analytical outcomes to clients in a business-friendly manner
- Develop audience targeting, segmentation, and measurement strategy across multiple business units
- Develop testing, targeting ideas, and monitor contact strategy, channel and media partner overlap
- Generate audience insights by reviewing and analyzing large customer and prospect data sets
- Work closely with the agency and growth marketing team members to understand the underlying drivers of positive and negative performance
- Develop and run audience tests and interpret the results
- Implement the insights gained from your experiments to future campaigns
- Expand and execute on ad ops processes, documentations and practices in partnership with our agency and internal stakeholders
- BA/BS degree
- 2-5 years of experience in ad operations, digital media analytics, or ad audience management required
- Must have prior experience working with ad technology (3rd party tags, DSPs, ad targeting, etc.); solid understanding of data management platforms (DMP), web analytics, ad tracking, a/b testing, tag management and content management.
- Data driven with sharp problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time within a fast-paced environment
- Digital agency, consulting, or ad tech experience required; knowledge of online advertising processes and terms
- Hands on experience creating insights from using raw digital data (site analytics, ad servers logs) a plus
- Experience using statistical techniques such as regression, cluster analysis, factor analysis and experimental design, etc. to solve business problems a plus
- Experience running SQL queries, JS, and HTML a plus
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.